Friday, March 6, 2009

Pyramid Schemes

More non-linear observations:

I am adding more examples of cinema imagery with interesting geometries. These examples show:

  • Darren Arnofsky's Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain
  • Stanley Kubrick's 2001:A Space Odyssey

I added some notes (click the image to see full size) which point out some basic, but interesting symbolical characteristics that are similar in each of the images. I added the Space Odyssey image after I realized that it was similar to the Arnofsky movies.

At some point I will be adding more in depth imagery/symbolical comparisons from these movies as well as the following:
  • The Wrestler (Arnofsky)
  • V For Vendetta (Wachowski Bros)
  • Dark City (Proyas)
  • Knowing (Proyas) (to be released)
click for larger image

No comments: